Sunday, July 15, 2012

Week Two of the "Facial Experiment"

So as promised, here is my update on the experiment to get my face to look better.  It's been a little over two weeks, 17 days to be exact and I have stuck to the routine religiously.  I have gotten into the routine but I have noticed that it does take up a lot of time on the nights I work late and sort of creeps into my "go to bed" time.  Unfortunately I have fallen asleep while using the light-stim on occasion.  I of course wake up a bit later and finish what I started but I find that a bit annoying.  The light it's self doesn't get hot enough to do any damage to any material or burn me by accident when I doze off but I just need to remember the whole treatment takes about 40-45 minutes.  The light however is quite comforting and relaxing while I watch television so maybe I should consider sitting at my desk which is purposefully not as comfortable so I don't sit at it for too long. I think I will try it tonight.
On to the photos~


Here are the usual "mug shots" the one with the red shirt being the photo taken on June 28th and the green shirt being taken today, July 15th.  Again I am taking pictures in the most unflattering light to show the the areas that I am aiming to improve.  I don't really see any real change with the jawline in the portrait photos but I do note that the skin looks better and my mouth besides not being symmetrical, is starting to "lift" in the corners of the mouth.  I believe that is the product of the facial exercised that I have been doing twice a day.  They are also helping around the eye area where there is less puffiness.  Or at least that is how it looks to me and I would like to think.  I suppose by the end of four months, I will be able to tell for certain.

I think the profile pictures illustrate the jawline and jowls pretty well.  With the stark lighting they both show that there is some improvement.  It's small, but it's there and that is what I am aiming for!

I can see some improvement when comparing the older with the newest one.  I haven't changed my diet at all, although I feel confident that if I lost the ten to fifteen pounds my jowly cheeks would probably go away or at least shrink up enough not to bother me every time I see myself.

I tried to remember the time of morning that I had taken the original photo but I am thinking that it may have been overcast with the first picture so the light will be different.  This time I also took a comparison with last week and this week.

The picture of last week and this week show some mild difference.  It's like the jawline and neck are changing a bit.  I find that promising and look forward to see how it progresses in the coming weeks.


I threw this picture with the three different angles in to illustrate things that I am noticing.  Besides the jawline improving, the texture of my skin on my neck is improving.  Last month, the skin was a tad...crepe-like in some spots.  I am thinking with the combination of the light-stim, Clarisonic and exercises that it is improving the skin.  My face feels more firm, that is for certain.  These types of things one can't really photograph but certainly observe and I am seeing improvement in the size of my pores.  Not a huge improvement but my skin does look much better.  I am also noticing that there is definition on my jaw which is illustrated with the third photo.  I haven't had that "indent" or definition in years and quite frankly I am pretty pleased that I am getting it back.  With regaining that definition but still having a slight jowl, I am thinking that weight loss should also become a priority to obtaining optimal results.  AND I could stand to loose it as mentioned before.

So this concludes this weeks observations. This may take a while but I am seeing that the reward will outweigh the work. Hopefully, what I am doing may help someone else that is experiencing similar skin issues and help them decide which treatment may help them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment